New Year’s resolutions aren’t only for individuals. Setting New Year’s resolutions for your organization can help jumpstart the year with a shared focus and set of goals. It’s the perfect time to hit “refresh” on your business and adopt new strategies, technologies and workplace culture initiatives to give your organization a competitive edge. While studies show that only 8% of people who make New Year’s resolutions keep them, there is a way to effectively set goals for your organization that will benefit your entire workplace in 2022.
1. Connect your team with the right technology.
The adoption of digital technologies has rapidly increased throughout the pandemic, and a McKinsey study found that businesses have accelerated their use of digital tools by three to four years and are prepared to continue funding digital initiatives for the long haul. Here are a few of the top trending digital strategies to implement in the new year.
- Digital Security: As the pace of technology innovation increases within organizations, the ability to secure these digital products must keep up. In fact, 55% of companies said that security was the top challenge they face when implementing digital technologies. When planning for new tech tools in your business in 2022, ensure that your data security is up to speed.
- HR Technology: With the shift to decentralized workplaces, software and apps for HR professionals to automate and streamline processes have enabled greater efficiency. According to HR industry trend reports, investments in HR technology provided 70% of organizations with 10% in cost savings. Some HR technology includes recruiting tools, onboarding software and performance management software.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI and machine learning offer algorithms that can predict risks like decreased productivity and evaluate candidates and employees. AI is utilized in the workplace to onboard and train employees, facilitate workflow, provide data analytics and more.
2. Implement ways for all employees to be heard.
If you haven’t implemented this initiative already, make 2022 your year to create a workplace where all employees are comfortable speaking up and being heard. A recent study shows that employees are more likely to speak up when they believe it will have a positive outcome for themselves and the team. In addition, when employees feel welcome to ask questions, raise concerns and be heard, it can lead to a 12% increase in productivity.
3. Commit to retaining top talent.
In the midst of what is called the Great Resignation, employers should resolve to retain top talent in 2022. According to reports, 3 to 4.5 million U.S. employees quit their job each month. Losing valuable talent doesn’t have to happen if your team sets a goal and makes a plan to ensure employees feel valued and have opportunities to grow within the organization. One report shows that 94% of employees would stay with an organization longer that invested in helping them learn.
Make 2022 your organization’s year to cultivate a healthy workplace culture that implements the necessary technology tools, creates a safe environment for all employees to be heard and retains top talent. Work Shield offers the solution to help your business meet and exceed your New Year’s resolutions by creating a more equitable workplace for all.
About Jennifer PopeJennifer is the Co-Founder of Work Shield, the complete, tech-enabled workplace harassment and discrimination reporting, investigation and resolution solution that protects employees, employers and cultures at the same time. Jennifer’s background as an attorney fueled her desire to help others. She leverages her experiences from Hewitt Associates, Thompson & Knight, and SMU’s Dedman School of Law to help employers shift the paradigm related to workplace harassment to ensure that everyone has a voice.
Connect with Jennifer on LinkedIn.